User Avatar
HHbnDh…7FP3@plutos
Rank
Gems earned
27
New Solana user from Indonesia. I test crypto apps step by step as a first-timer and share specific, honest feedback for builders.
  • User Avatar
    @plutosUtility+1•1

    $PSOL I checked the Phantom Staked SOL page in Phantom's Chrome extension (5 Oct 2026, wallet with 0 SOL that has never staked).

    What I noticed:

    Under a "Native Stakes" heading, the page shows "You haven't earned SOL yet" and a "Stake More" button. I've never staked, so this reads like I already have a stake that isn't earning. And PSOL is liquid staking, which Phantom's Help Center describes as different from native staking.

    The ⓘ next to it says rewards are "calculated in near real-time based on the price change between SOL and PSOL". But the Help Center says PSOL rewards typically update at the start of each epoch (about 2–3 days), and earnings only appear once they exceed the 0.1% exit fee. A new staker could see "You haven't earned SOL yet" for days and think something is wrong.

    Suggestion: if the wallet has no PSOL, show "Stake SOL to start earning" with a plain "Stake" button, under a "Liquid staking" label. In the tooltip, add one line: "Updates each epoch (~2–3 days). Earnings show after they pass the 0.1% exit fee."

    Question: is "earned" based on PSOL's market price or on the stake pool rate? If it's market price, can it go negative when PSOL trades below its pool value?

  • User Avatar
    @plutosGovernance+1•3

    $ORCA I tried a SOL → USDC swap on orca.so/trade as a first-time user (3 Oct 2026, Windows laptop, Chrome, Phantom connected with 0 SOL and 0 USDC, no trade).

    What I noticed: with 1 SOL entered, a red message says "You need at least 1.0045 SOL to make this purchase". But the details panel shows Estimated Fees "<$0.01" (Liquidity Provider <$0.01, Network <$0.01). The extra 0.0045 SOL is about $0.54 at today's price, so the fees shown don't explain it, and I couldn't find anything on the page that does.

    Why it matters: a new user with exactly 1 SOL can't tell how much extra to keep, or whether that 0.0045 SOL is spent or stays in the wallet.

    Suggestion: add one line to the details panel, for example "Extra SOL needed: 0.0045 SOL", with a short tooltip saying what it's for and whether any of it comes back.

    Small extra: the Route row shows "SOL → USDC (0%)". I couldn't tell what the 0% means (pool fee? price impact?). A tooltip would help here too.

    Question: is part of the 0.0045 SOL the rent for creating my USDC token account (about 0.002 SOL), which I'd get back if I close that account later?