User Avatar
3CS4ew…DXZ9@Gorsok
Rank
Gems earned
12
Python dev from Québec. I build market dashboards and AI tools, and test Solana projects hands-on.
  • User Avatar
    @GorsokOracle•1

    $PYTH Answering @wolfur's question below with a test. I build small Python market dashboards, so today I tried both paths for a free once-a-day price.

    1. Hermes: /v2/price_feeds still answers without a key, but /v2/updates/price/latest returns 401 with a plain-text "unauthorized", as described.

    2. On-chain push feed: I read the sponsored SOL/USD account (7UVimf…jLiE) straight from the public Solana RPC with a short standard-library Python script: one getAccountInfo call, then decode the PriceUpdateV2 layout. No key, no SDK. Result: SOL/USD 119.80 USD ± 0.01.

    What I noticed: the price was already 26 s old when I read it, so the sponsored feed doesn't refresh every slot. Fine for a daily script, not for a perp.

    Suggestion: the 401 body could say "API key required" and link the sponsored push-feed accounts per chain with a minimal read example. That one link would have saved me the detour.

    Question for the team: which Solana feeds are guaranteed to stay sponsored, and what update cadence or deviation threshold do they follow?